The Yangqin comes with:
1) 1 set of Yangqin 'zhu' 柱 ('playing sticks')
2) Yanqin stand
3) Yangqin strings tuner
4) Cloth cover
5) Leather case6) Music stand
7) Music tuner
8) Rust-removal liquid for yangqin strings
9) 1 book of musical scores for yangqin
Asking price: $600. We paid $1,000 for it a few years ago.
For those who do not know what is a Yangqin, it’s called a dulcimer in English. You can read more about this Chinese classical instrument here.
Here’s an interesting bit of biblical history where the dulcimer is mentioned.
1. Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.
2. Then Nebuchadnezzar the king sent to gather together the princes, the governors, and the captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellers, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, to come to the dedication of the image which Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up.
3. Then the princes, the governors, and captains, the judges, the treasurers, the counsellers, the sheriffs, and all the rulers of the provinces, were gathered together unto the dedication of the image that Nebuchadnezzar the king had set up; and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set up.
4. Then an herald cried aloud, To you it is commanded, O people, nations, and languages,
5. That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:
6. And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.
Want to know what happened to Daniel’s three friends who refused to bow down to the King's image? Check out Chapter 3 of the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament.