Friday, August 29, 2008

Kampong Buangkok Videos

In one of my earlier articles, I mentioned that young Singaporeans simply have no idea what life in a kampong in the old Singapore was like. Well I have some good news. You can catch a glimpse of kampong life in Singapore from the videos below.

Last year, I was approached by three young ladies from the Nanyang Technological University's School of Communication and Information. They were doing a final project on Singapore’s last kampong at Buangkok and as part of their research, they wanted to speak to guys like me who had experienced life in a kampong in Singapore. I roped in my friends Chuck Hio and Peh Seng Ket to speak to the girls.

Good thing I still have their contact and I asked them to put their videos on YouTube to share with you. Altogether there are three videos. Here they are.


Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Thank you Ms Sarina Md Rasol, Dayanna Md Tahir and Wong Po Fong for sharing your videos with us.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for bringing back an authentic experience from the past, in the days of attap thatched roofs, crowing roosters and rustic strolls in tree-lined paths.