Well actually I too have been doing this for some time. I usually title my posts, Then and Now. Here is an example which I did of the old Singapore Polytechnic building at Prince Edward Road.
But today, I am going to go one up and do a ‘Third Shot’ of the Singapore River.
· Photo no. 1 was taken around 1951 by Antione Lahitte.
· Photo no. 2 was taken around 1966 by Geoffrey Pain’s father.
· Photo no. 3 was taken by me yesterday.
I believe all three photos were taken from the same spot; namely the Elgin Bridge joining North and South Bridge roads.
1) Can you spot any note-worth similarities or differences? I for one thought it was quite interesting that the Bank of China has literally grown much taller. This is the tallest building in photo 2 and the white building (second from left) in photo 3.
2) And how about those 2 pointed buildings with flags in photo no. 2, which were already there in 1951? Anyone know what they were?
3) What is that structure/building behind the trees on the left side of Photo no. 3?