Last year I blogged about 'The Great Mas Selamat Escape' and speculated on the route he might have taken. Some readers have also put up their theories. Now that Mas Selamat has been caught, we can finally see whose theory was the closest.
1) My theory was that he escaped (with help) to Bukit Brown Cemetery and then to the forests of MacRitchies Reservoir where he hid for some time and survived with help from his friends.
2) YG who also blogged about this here, is of the same opinion.
3) Peter thinks he got onto the PIE and was whizzed off by a waiting car to either East Coast or Malayan Railway.
4) The police probably thought he was hiding in the Malcolm Road areas and concentrated their search there in the initial hours. They got a tip-off from a member of the public who saw someone looking like Mas Selamat there.
5) One reader said he was probably dead and the escape story was just a cover up.