Thursday, August 06, 2009

Pete’s Dragon

Last Sunday, I caught a few minutes of the movie Garfield on Channel 5. What do you call this type of movie, where the human characters are real actors but one or more of the animals are animated cartoons? I can think of two more examples, Scooby Doo and Roger Rabbit.

The first time I saw such a movie was probably Pete's Dragon. The year was 1977 and I saw it at Cathay Theatre. The movie was not that great - maybe 3 popcorns. But there was a song there that I simply loved. Do you know the title? Here it is; sung by Helen Reddy who also starred in the movie..



I'll be your candle on the water
This flame inside of me will grow
Keep holding on you'll make it
Here's my hand so take it
Look for me reaching out to show
As sure as rivers flow
I'll never let you go
I'll never let you go
I'll never let you go .....

1 comment:

peter said...

Brian Richmond usually plays Helen Reddy on 90.5 around 11pm. Very shiok to listen to the nice music with a nice glass of wine. Very soon can doze off. Brian also has some proverbial thoughts around 1145pm.