Saturday, September 27, 2008

Peeping Tom

This guy is really daring.

Came right to the window.

And in broad daylight some more.

And this is not the first time he is doing this.

Good thing; this time we were waiting for him with our camera and caught him in the very act.

I bet he didn’t know he was on candid camera.

I wonder what is there to see in my children’s study room. Maybe he is just checking to see if there is some privacy in this place.

He must have heard from his cousin that this is a good place to set up a home and raise kids.

Anyway, I am not complaining. In fact I hope he comes more often and set up home here. And when he does, I promise you better photos this time because at least one photo-fanatic friend of mine wants to get in on the action. This friend actually spent two hours photographing my son’s carnivorous plants. It’s called macro-photography so I learned. And the results were fantastic. Must show you one day.


By the way, it’s called a Crimson Sunbird.

6 comments:

Victor said...

When I read the title of this article and the first few sentences, I thought you were talking about one of your regular readers. :)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bird.....

wonderful Mother Nature at work

DSEA

Zen said...

I love bird watching except minus the patience which I once had during the kampong days. In those days, my favourite bird to watch was the fishing pond kingfisher, a bird with a sharp beak - quite lengthy, and had a gloss of blue-black-white feathers. Its size was slightly smaller to the red bird perching on chun see's window railing. The characteristic of this kingfisher was that it could stand very still on a branch of a small plant overing hanging the pond. It had great patience and stillness and when small fishes appeared on the water surface, it would swoop down quickly to pick up its victim very neatly off the water. The attractive red bird surveying chun see room was apparently a curious one being distracted by a certain object inside the room and could have wondered whether it was eatable or not.

Lam Chun See said...

Zen. Actually this sunbird is quite small; slightly bigger than a sparrow maybe. I think smaller than the Kingfisher. From the photo it looks big that's all.

Btw, if you want to see Kingfisher, you can go to the Kallang River at Bishan Park near your house. I have often see them there.

Lam Chun See said...

Yesterday, afternoon it was here again; but downstairs. Took more photos; but against bright background won't turn out nice.

Zen said...

chun see - If I chance to be near Bishan Park, I would certainly check it out, but as I said my patience is not like before, probably due to aging - very queer, the opposite should be true. Back to birds, sometime back, I heard a bird making an aweful 'aw aw' sound, not unlike that of crows, and that made me curious to locate it, but this bird was quite alert when seeing a strange guy trying to locate him, and at once stopped his 'awing'. Later I managed to spot it hiding among the high branches. It was quite a large elusive bird with yellow and black feathers, probably belonging to the canary family. So curiosity eventually killed the 'cat'.